Solihull SMBC Flood update – 15 August
Thank you to those residents who have been in touch with us since our last update. The further photographs, videos and information that we have received have been extremely useful.
In the past month, we have continued carrying out our investigations into the flood event in the Norton Lane, Fulford Hall Road and Rumbush Lane areas as follows:
- We have inspected the highway drainage system in Fulford Hall Road and Rumbush Lane and updated our asset maps. Generally, the systems on both roads are in good condition but we are in the process of scheduling repairs to a few minor defects that we have found to ensure that the assets remain fit for purpose over the coming years.
- As a result of our inspections we have been in touch with our colleagues at Severn Trent Water to ensure that their assets are inspected along Fulford Hall Road and Norton Lane.
- We have completed the process of formally inspecting the various watercourses in the area and we should receive the results in the next week or so. As we previously stated, the results of the inspections will be shared with the relevant landowners, who will be asked to undertake any necessary works.
- The detailed modelling work that we have commissioned is progressing well but more detailed measurements are required in some areas for us to accurately carry out the work. We will be contacting relevant landowners to arrange access where necessary.
- We are currently inspecting the ditches on Fulford Hall Road and Rumbush Lane, mapping where they run and assessing what condition they are in. Where necessary we will be contacting the relevant landowners to arrange for works to be undertaken.
We will continue to update you when we have any new information, but in the meantime, if you do need to get in touch then please email firstname.lastname@example.org