Accessibility statement for Tidbury Green Parish Council Website
This accessibility statement applies to www.tidburygreen-pc.org.uk.
This website is run by Tidbury Green Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- view the pages in any orientation.
- access pages in multiple ways.
- understand the content of a page or section from its heading.
- understand the content of a linked page from its link text.
- understand the consistent navigation for finding your way around the site.
- easily use the robust pop-up menus.
- use screen readers and magnifiers to examine the content of the pages.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible for screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- the contrast between heading text and the background is poor in many instances
- there is no visible indicator for the current object with focus when tabbing between elements on the page if you are only using the keyboard.
- Some visual lists are not encoded as lists.
- Some images don’t have alternative text to describe the content of the image.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 07832 925080
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions. See our Contact Us page for details.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: clerk at tidburygreen-pc.org.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Tidbury Green Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Perception of webpages
- Some images don’t have meaningful names and/or alternative text to describe the content of the image. (Fails WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some visual lists are not encoded as lists. (Fails WCAG 1.3.1)
- the text contrast between heading text and the background is less that 4.5:1. (Fails WCAG 1.4.3)
Keyboard access to information
- there is no visible indicator for the current object with focus when tabbing between elements on the page if you are only using the keyboard. (Fails WCAG 2.4.7)
- The contact forms do not identify input fields with appropriate names. (Fails WCAG 3.3.1)
- The contact forms do not have instructions for all fields. (Fails WCAG 3.3.2)
- The contact forms do not provide suggestions for correction. (Fails WCAG 3.3.3)
Navigation and accessing information
- There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
We plan to fix these problems before September 2021.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with minutes of recent Parish Council meetings. By September 2021, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix meeting agendas, minutes or other historical records published before that date.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will aim to resolve our accessibility non-compliances identified in our initial evaluation of the website by September 2021. We will then focus on ensuring that the website works well with NVDA Screen Reader for Windows, VoiceOver for Apple products and Talkback for Android products in addition to monitoring WCAG accessibility non-compliance each year.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 17/09/2020. It was last reviewed on 17/09/2020.
This website was last tested on 17/09/2020. The test was carried out by RL Business Solutions Limited.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Select a typical sample of pages from the website.
- Focus on the legally required Parish Council pages.